STAMPING GROUND HIGH SCHOOL
The History of Stamping Ground High School
The first Stamping Ground School was located in northwestern Scott County on Main Street in Stamping Ground. The original school building was completely destroyed by fire in 1923. Students were forced to hold class in a make-shift barn-like structure until another building was raised. In 1938 the new school building was also destroyed by fire. A new and final building was in place by 1940. This time fourteen smaller schools in the area joined Stamping Ground School in the new building. In the 1950s grades, nine through twelve were removed from Stamping Ground and joined with other area high schools to form Scott County High School.