SADIEVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
The History of Sadieville High School
In 1898 a two-story frame schoolhouse was built in Sadieville for $2500 on a lot donated by T.J. Burgess on the spot where the present school now stands. Miss Jennie Quinn was the teacher of the new school. In 1911 a two-year high school program was added and the first two-year graduating class in 1913 included six students. The construction of a new building to accommodate the growing number of students occurred in 1924. Mr. Ebon Champion, principal at that time, remained to see the school grow into a full four-year high school. In 1924 the first four-year class graduated from Sadieville High School. Between 1932 and 1950, Sadieville school was expanded to include a library, restrooms, a gymnasium, and a lunch room. An agricultural
program and Home economics were added to the curriculum. In 1955 Sadieville High School was joined with other area schools to become Scott County High School.