OXFORD HIGH SCHOOL
The History of Oxford High School
One of the first schools in Oxford was built by E.C. Muddiman from 16,000 bricks left from the building of a church across the road. In 1918 the Scott County Board of Education bought two acres of land from Mr. A.T. Glenn for $500.00 to add to the school property. In 1927 a new building containing six classrooms and the county's first rural gymnasium was constructed. With the merging of several area schools came the necessity of transportation. J.K. Feeback, a parent, agreed to outfit a pickup buck bed with seats and a tarpaulin to transport children to Oxford school, nicknamed, "Feeback's Bus". In 1928 more land was purchased from Mrs. A.T. Glenn for $432.00. Two classrooms were added in 1932 and a wing was added to the north end of the building in 1938.
During the 1940's Newtown and Dry Run schools, both closed and some of their students joined Oxford.