GEORGETOWN HIGH SCHOOL
The History of Georgetown High School
1958, Georgetown High School was built as a result of the city high school being over-crowded. The school building was built on a twenty-acre tract adjacent to McKnight Sub-Division on South Hamilton Street. Key players in the construction of this new school were Dr. H. B. Wells, school board chairman, Fred C. Nichols, vice-chairman, and Kenneth Gillespie, superintendent at that time. The first principal of the new school was Roy R. Camic. In the 1970s, Georgetown High School merged to become part of Scott County High School and the building used as a middle school (Georgetown Middle School).